You will need to reinstall the modem using the correct driver files. Please follow these steps:
- Go to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs and remove any references to Zoom V.92.
- Go to Control Panel | System (> Hardware) | Device Manager and click on the "+" next to Modems. Remove any modems listed under this category. (Note: Do not remove any other modems that you are currently using.)
- Click the "+" next to Other devices. Remove any devices listed under this category.
- Shut down the computer, physically remove the modem, and reboot the computer.
- Insert the Zoom CD into the CD-ROM drive and install the PCI Modem drivers. When finished, shut down the computer. (Note: If the CD does not auto-run, then open My Computer, select the CD-ROM drive--normally D:--and double-click Setup.exe.
- Shut down the computer, physically install the modem into a PCI slot, and reboot the computer. Windows will then automically detect the modem and load the drivers/software for it.