To configure the modem for an Internet service provider (ISP), follow these steps:
1. Connect the modem to the root hub (rather than a self-powered hub) and turn the modem on.
Note: The root hub refers to the built-in USB ports on the back or side the computer.
2. Copy the Zoom Universal (115k) modem script from the For Non-PowerMacs Users / Zoom Universal CCLs folder on the ZoomLink CD to the Modem Scripts folder within the Library folder, which is within the Mac OS X hard drive.
Note: Alternately, the Zoom Universal 115K modem script can be downloaded from our website by Clicking Here.
3. From the Dock, click System Preferences, then Network. The Network pane appears.
4. From the Show: (or Connect:) drop-down menu, select Zoom V90 USB Faxmodem.
Note: In Mac OS X 10.1x, the Connect: drop-dop menu directly below the Location drop-down menu was renamed Show:.
5. Click the Modem tab.
6. From the Modems: drop-down menu, select Zoom Universal (115k).
7. Click Save and close the Network preference pane.
8. In the Applications folder inside the hard drive, double-click Internet Connect. The Internet Connect application appears.
9. From the Configuration: drop-down menu, select Zoom V90 USB Faxmodem.
Please Note: If the modem establishs a connection but there is no throughout (e.g., you cannot access web sites or send/receive e-mail), the selected modem/port in Internet Connect may not correspond to the modem/port in your Location. To fix this, select Active Network Ports from the Show drop-down menu (under the Network pane in System Preferences), drag Zoom V90 USB Faxmodem to the top, and click Apply Now.