This is due to the interaction of the virtual communications device (Vxcomm.vxd) and the Windows Driver Module (WDM) modem port driver (Ccport.sys). This is a Windows 98 Second Edition problem and a supported fix is available from Microsoft, but has not been fully tested as of yet and should only be applied to systems having this specific problem. You should contact Microsoft for the fix: http://www.microsoft.com/support/supportnet/overview/overview.asp.
Articles in this section
- How can I use one phone line for both voice and data?
- How do V.92 modem speeds compare to ISDN, ADSL and Cable speeds?
- Does the Model 3090A modem have lights or a speaker ?
- Where can I learn more about modems and V.92/V.44?
- What makes a Zoom V.92 modem faster than V.90?
- Synchronous vs. Asynchronous Data Transfer
- IRQ Settings
- COM Port Settings (DOS/Windows)
- UARTs and Data Buffering
- Flow Control