- Zoom/Modem V.92 PCI Model 3025C
- Zoom/Modem V.92 EXT Models 3049C and 3048C (Windows only)
- Zoom/Modem V.92 USB Mini Model 3090
The Modem-on-Hold feature of your V.92 modem requires three elements in order to operate properly:
- Call waiting or call waiting "plus" service must be in place on your telephone line. This service is available from your telephone company.
- Your Internet service provider (ISP) must support the V.92 protocol and offer it with Modem-on-Hold.
- The NetWaiting™ Modem-on-Hold application must be installed and enabled on your computer. This application is installed along with the modem driver. Basic instructions for using this application are provided below.
Using the NetWaiting™ Application
- From the Start menu, point to Programs, point to the NetWaiting folder, and then click the NetWaiting (telephone) icon. In a few seconds a telephone icon appears in the taskbar. NetWaiting is now enabled.
If NetWaiting does not launch and no icon appears in the taskbar, restart your computer and try again.
Note: To launch NetWaiting at Windows startup, right-click the telephone icon in the taskbar and then click Settings. With the Communication tab foremost, select (check) "Launch at Windows Startup" and then click OK.
- If the modem detects an incoming call while connected to an ISP, you will be alerted with a NetWaiting pop-up window or a flashing NetWaiting button in the taskbar. (If there is a flashing button, click it to display the window.)
Note: If most of the options in the NetWaiting window are unavailable ("grayed out"), then your modem may not be connected to a V.92 server and/or your ISP not does have the Modem-on-Hold feature enabled. You should contact your ISP and ask whether them the access number you are dialing offer V.92 with Modem-on-Hold.
- To accept a call and suspend the Internet connection, click the Accept (OK) buttion. A pop-up message appears: "Please make sure that the Local Phone is On Hook." Click OK, and continue to Step 4.
To accept the call and the abort the Internet connection, click the Disconnect (Unplug) button.
To reject the call, click the Reject (X) button, and continue browsing the Web, etc.
- When a second pop-up message appears ("Pick up the Local Phone and press OK"), pick up your telephone receiver and click OK. The Internet connection is suspended while a telephone call is in progress.
Note: The call timeout is determined by the ISP. Most ISPs allow 2-4 minutes.
- When the call is complete, hang up the telephone receiver. Then click the Reconnect button in the NetWaiting window.
When a pop-up message appears ("Please make sure that the Local Phone is On Hook"), click OK. In a few seconds NetWaiting will redetect the ISP carrier and the window will close.