Question: My computers modem is being blocked from connecting (AOL). How to resolve this?
Answer: Every time you get error message follow the exact steps and it resolves the problem.
1. Delete your Dial-up Locations
* Go to start > All Programs > America Online > AOL System Information http://www.techsupportforum.com/
* Open the Connectivity tab
* Click Reset Locations. Follow prompts
2. Create new Dial-up Locations
* From the Connectivity tab of AOL System Information, click Create New Dial-up Locations
* Click Advanced Settings in the bottom left, and select the Modems tab
* Click Find Modem to automatically detect your modem. If it doesn't detect your modem, click Add to select your modem manually. Make sure you set the COM port to the one designated for your modem.
* Click OK, then click Close
* To the left, click Add under Dial-up Locations
* Follow the prompts and insert your information