Using a Pantech UML290 via a 3G or 4G connection with the 4501/4506
How do I use the Verizon Pantech UML290 LTE Modem with a 4501/4506 using 4G
The modem will work in a 4G areas as is. When you transition to a 3G area or you are in a 3G only area, you must use your computer to configure the Modem to 3G before you insert it into the router. Here are the instructions on how to configure the modem for 3G or 4G
1. Open VZAccess Manager with your card inserted, but do NOT connect to the internet.
Hold Control + D on your keyboard
2. You will be prompted to enter a password. Enter "diagvzw" (without the quotes). Afterwards you should see the page below in Figure 1. Select "settings" from the menu
3. In the for "preferred operating mode" section, select "LTE Only" if you are in a 4G area or "HDR Only (EVDO)" if you are in a 3G area, as shown below. This is the only setting that should be changed! Then hit "OK
4. Close the Vzaccess Manager software and disconnect the Pantech modem from the computer
5. Connect the computer to the Zoom 3G router via an Ethernet cable
6. On the computer open a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox and on the address bar type http://192.168.1.1 and press enter on the keyboard.
7. On the window's Toolbar, type admin in the System Password field, then click Login
8. Click on the Advanced menu at the top. Then click on Basic Setup on the left pane and you should see the window below in Figure 2
9. On this Basic Setup page enter the following nubers below depending on the connection in the Dialed Number field
3G Dialed number = #777
4G Dialed number = *99***3#
10. Click on Save button down at the bottom
11. Now click on Toolbox at the top
12. Click on Reboot on the left and OK
13. Once the router is done rebooting it will bring up the Status page. Type admin in the System Password field, then click Login
14. Click on the Status menu at the top. Now connect the Pantech modem to the USB port on the router. It will then attempt to connect to the internet. Once it is connected an IP Address should appear at the top. If you do see an IP Address at the top, Congratulations! You are now connected to the internet and may begin browsing.