If you are using ADSL (voice over data lines only) and hear screeching feedback (the same sound you would hear on a phone line when using a dial-up modem), you need to use filters. You should attach a filter on every phone jack, except for the jack that the DSL modem is plugged into. Filters are readily available at computer retail store. Be aware, if you have a wall-mounted phone or an older rotary phone, you must buy a different type of filter.
Articles in this section
- How to configure a Guest Network for Zoom Model 5790
- How to Change Channel for Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5790
- Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5792
- How to Take ADSL Modem 5792 out of Bridge Mode
- How to Reset ADSL Modem / Router Model 5792
- Does the telephone company have to install an additional line for DSL?
- Why is distance important with DSL?
- Will DSL interfere with my telephone or any other devices connected to the same line?
- Why will my Zoom DSL modem not make a connection with my Verizon service? I set up my account settings properly but am not getting a WAN IP address.
- I am having trouble with connecting or keeping connection with my wireless network, what can I do to fix the problem?