The Zoom ADSL modem is capable of 8 Mbps throughput; however, the maximum speed is determined by your DSL provider's level of service. Most providers impose a 1.5 Mbps limit for residential users and use "tiered" limits for business users. Environmental factors such as the quality of the telephone lines and the distance to the central office may also adversely affect throughput.
Articles in this section
- How to configure a Guest Network for Zoom Model 5790
- How to Change Channel for Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5790
- Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5792
- How to Take ADSL Modem 5792 out of Bridge Mode
- How to Reset ADSL Modem / Router Model 5792
- Does the telephone company have to install an additional line for DSL?
- Why is distance important with DSL?
- Will DSL interfere with my telephone or any other devices connected to the same line?
- Why will my Zoom DSL modem not make a connection with my Verizon service? I set up my account settings properly but am not getting a WAN IP address.
- I am having trouble with connecting or keeping connection with my wireless network, what can I do to fix the problem?