First, please check the following:
- Is there a line filter used on the same telephone line as the Zoom ADSL Modem? If so, the modem will not be able to sync with the service provider.
- Are the Zoom ADSL Modem drivers installed correctly?
If the problem still persists, please answer/verify the questions below and submit the information to Technical Support by clicking here. If you are unsure of the answers to questions 1 - 7, contact your ADSL service provider.
- What ANNEX (A, B, or C) does your Service Provider support?
- What type of DSLAM (Lucent Technologies-based, Globespan-based, etc.) is used to connect to your modem?
- What is the DSLAM chipset (ADI, GSI, Alcatel, etc.)?
- Which protocol (RFC 1483-LAN, RFC 2364-WAN, ATM, RFC 2516-PPPoE, etc.) does your service provider support?
- What is the VPI (Virtual Path Identifier) number (e.g., VPI=0)?
- What is the VCI (Virtual Circuit Identifier) number (e.g., VCI=35)?
- Did the Service Provider activate your ADSL line/service?
- When the telephone line is plugged into the Zoom ADSL Modem, does the Data light(LED) flash and then turn solid? This process normally takes 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- What is the version of the drivers? This is found under Control Panel | Zoom ADSL Modem | System Info tab.