Please Note: This answer applies to the Zoom ADSL X6 Model 5590CF only. You have a "CF" model version if the ETHERNET ports on the modem's back panel are color-coded yellow.
If your Zoom ADSL X6 modem has Firmware Version 5.0.0 or 5.0.1, you must upgrade to Version 5.0.2 (available for download by clicking here ). The previous firmware did not allow you change the Admin password in the modem's web console.
Alternatively, the Admin password can be changed via the modem's command line interface:
1. Access the command prompt on your computer:
- From the Start menu, select Run...
- Type cmd (Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista) or command (Windows 9x/Me), and click OK.
- At the ">" prompt, type telnet 10.0.0.2 and press Enter.
Mac OS X users:
- Open the Terminal application, which is inside the Applicaitons/Utilities folder.
- At the "$" prompt, type telnet 10.0.0.2 and press Enter (or Return).
2. When the CONEXANT screen appears, enter the default Login (Username) and Password:
3. At the "-->" prompt, type user password and press Enter.
4. Type a new password and press Enter.
5. Re-type the new password and press Enter.
6. Finally, type system config save and press Enter. Your new password will now be saved.