We do not recommend connecting cordless phones of any type near your ADSL modem. The filters available from most service providers are designed to filter out higher frequencies, blocking the ADSL frequencies but not the voice frequencies. Many cordless phones have the same sort of filters built into them to cut down on interference. In fact, any devices connected to the phone line, such as alarm systems, satellite dishes, game console systems, and fax machines, have the potential to cause interference. If you suspect that there may be a problem, remove the device and see if your connection improves.
Articles in this section
- How to configure a Guest Network for Zoom Model 5790
- How to Change Channel for Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5790
- Wireless Optimization for Zoom ADSL Modem Model 5792
- How to Take ADSL Modem 5792 out of Bridge Mode
- How to Reset ADSL Modem / Router Model 5792
- Does the telephone company have to install an additional line for DSL?
- Why is distance important with DSL?
- Will DSL interfere with my telephone or any other devices connected to the same line?
- Why will my Zoom DSL modem not make a connection with my Verizon service? I set up my account settings properly but am not getting a WAN IP address.
- I am having trouble with connecting or keeping connection with my wireless network, what can I do to fix the problem?