Please Note: This answer is only for X3, X4, or X5 modems with an "A" in the serial number.
For X3, X4, or X5 modems Model "56xx" with 2.1.0 firmware or later please use this FAQ.
For X3, X4, or X5 modems Model "56xx" with firmware preceding 2.1.0 please continue to use this FAQ
For X3, X4, or X5 modems without an "A" in the serial number
You may want to print these instructions before proceeding
To Enable Remote Administration on your Zoom ADSL modem please follow these steps:
NOTE: Before proceeding with the Remote Admin Setup you must make sure your ADSL modem is configured properly for internet access. Please follow the Basic Setup Instructions in the Manual.
- Click Advanced Setup button from the top.
- Click NAT Button
- Choose Nat Rule Entry from the Nat Options drop down menu.
- Click the TrashCan icon action for Rule ID#4 Under no circumstances should you remove rule 1.
- Click Write Settings to Flash
Next you will need to add a NAT Rule to allow only the Admin console to be accessed:
- Select NAT Rule Entry from the drop down menu
- Click on Add
- Rule Flavor: Select RDR
- Rule ID: enter 4
- If Name: Select All
- Protocol: Select the TCP
- Local Address From: (IP address of modem) : 10.0.0.2
- Local Address To: (IP address of modem) : 10.0.0.2
- Global Address From: 0.0.0.0
- Global Address To: 0.0.0.0
- Destination Port From: 80
- Destination Port To: 80
- Local Port: 80
- Click on Save Changes
- Click on Write Settings to Flash
Now you may access the Zoom modems Admin Web Console remotely from the Internet side of the modem.
NOTE: To access the modem's admin console from the internet you must know your WAN IP address. To find out what your WAN IP address is click on the System Status button on the top bar and locate your WAN side IP address.