Disable ZDTV Background in the Windows XP startup menu.
1. Click Start and then click Run. The Run box will pop up.
2. In the Run box, in the field next to Open type "msconfig" and click OK.
3. This will bring up the System Configuration Utility window. Click the Startup tab at the top of this window.
4. Look for the listing "ZDTV Background" and uncheck the box next to it. Click Apply and then Close/OK.
5. You will then be prompted to restart. After the computer starts back up a box with a System Configuration Utility statement will pop up. Please read this and then check the box next to "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts." Click OK.
Note that this procedure will disable the keyboard auto-launch feature of the ZDTV desktop application. You will no longer be able to launch ZDTV by clicking the Z hot-button (Model 9006) or Fn/End (Model 9005). You can launch ZDTV by double-clicking the desktop icon.