It appears that your (third party) modem is not capable of supporting video conferencing. As soon as you try to send video data, your modem cuts off. You need to verify that your modem is capable of supporting V.80 (H324, H323).
Articles in this section
- Where can I download the driver and user's manual for the Zoom DualCam 300 Model 1540?
- How can I correct a "Driver Open Failed" error message when I attempt to open a ZoomCam 100 USB(Model 1550) software application?
- I ran the installation but my PC does not detect the USB camera. I also tried to manually install the drivers as per the instructions in the Appendix. What's strange is Device Manager doesn't list the camera. Can you help, please?
- VidTest video capture program for Windows
- In the Windows 2000, the ZoomCam USB driver seems to giving me a "stop error 0x0000001e." What can I do to rectify this problem?
- How do I install the ZoomCam USB Model 1595 in Windows XP?
- Zoom/Dialer 15 Documentation
- When trying to manually install the ZoomCam driver in Windows XP the compter reports that: Cannot install this hardware. The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device.
- Is the ZoomCam USB 1598 compatible with Windows XP?
- I need Windows XP drivers for the ZoomCam USB Model 1597. Where can I get them?