The Palm Tungsten with built-in Bluetooth can have wireless access to the Internet by linking to a Zoom Bluetooth modem. Below we tell you how to setup the Palm Tungsten. After the one-time setup, wireless Internet access is very easy.
- Turn on your Palm Tungsten Series PDA with Bluetooth Support and your Zoom Bluetooth modem.
- Tap the Bluetooth Icon from the screen.
- Tap Bluetooth On
- Tap Setup Devices
- Tap LAN Setup
- Tap Show: Nearby devices and let the PDA discover the Bluetooth Modem. In the Box labeled Select a LAN, highlight the Bluetooth Modem and Tap Next. The screen will change and it will ask you for a Key or Pin Code. Enter the Pin Code that is listed on the bottom of your Bluetooth modem and click OK.
- In the next window it will ask you for a Username, Password and Service name. In the Username field enter the username you would use for your Dial-up Internet account. In the Password field enter the Password for your Internet account.. In the Service entry, enter the name of the service, such as Earthlink, PeoplePC, BellSouth, or whatever service you use. Tap on the NEXT button. You should get a message that a Network Service has been setup between you and your access point. Tap Done.
- On the Bluetooth screen, tap Network Service and select Edit Network Service.
- On the Preferences Screen, highlight the pull-down menu on Connection and tap Edit Connections. Highlight Bluetooth Modem and tap Edit.
- On the Edit Connections screen change Connect To: from Local Network to Modem
- Tap Details and enter your Speed (57600bps), Flow Ctl: (Automatic) and your Init String: if your require one. Tap OK.
- Go back to the Main Screen and tap the Bluetooth Icon. On the Bluetooth screen, tap on the pull-down menu next to Network Service and select Edit Network Service.
- On the Preferences screen tap on the Tap to enter phone box next to the Phone:
- Enter your Internet service provider’s phone number. You can also set up a Dial Prefix, a Calling Card or Disable call waiting from this screen. Once the information is entered, click OK.
- Congratulations! Your setup is complete.
Using the Zoom Bluetooth Modem
From the main screen of the Palm Tungsten, tap the Bluetooth Icon. Tap the Connect Button next to Network Services. You should see the Link LED on the Bluetooth modem go on and then the OH LED will come on. You will hear the modem dial the Internet. If the modem doesn’t connect,check your username and password and try again. If your get a network error or the LEDs do not come on, you may need to move your Palm Tungsten closer to the modem.